Fancy a heavy dose of industrial lubricant with your haircare? Cheap silicones such as dimethicone and cyclomethicone (look for the CONE ending) are industrial petro chemical oils found in most haircare products that give synthetic shine and slip to hair. Silicone is not only an irritant on skin and scalp, but it forms a barrier around hair, starving it of hydration and causing damage long term.
Here are SIX very good reasons why you should be throwing out all your silicon-laden haircare products:
1. Silicones make hair lank and greasy
2. They stop the good ingredients penetrating the hair and even break
3. Certain silicones require aggressive chemicals to remove the build up
4. They form such a strong barrier that hair colour, perms and keratin smoothing treatments do not take or they take unevenly
5. The synthetic shine actually dulls hair colour
6. Hair takes longer to dry than hair without a silicone build up
So head for the bathroom cabinet and start the New Year with a clear head! Swell, you will have already gathered, contains no silicones (it's in our policy NEVER to use an ingredient that ends in CONE!).
Why not check out our heat-protecting silicone-free ULTIMATE PROTECT & RENEW SERUM. Get all the gloss with none of the build-up.