Hair serums, in case you didn’t know, tend to be greasy, heavy, weighing hair down, all in an effort to give shine! And for fine or thinning hair they are a complete no-no! And more than that, they give an appearance of health and yet actually create a barrier to goodness entering the hair shaft. Moisture then escapes with the use of heat tools and hair is left in dry, damaged, if not complete breakage!
Of course heat tools themselves are partly to blame. Heat tools can be a god-send but only if used with deep respect. Hair should never be exposed to heat for prolonged periods, especially fine hair.
5 CRUCIAL TIPS FOR USING HEAT TOOLS ON FINE HAIR
- 1.Use reduced or low temperature setting
- 2.Don’t stretch or drag hair when using any heat tool. It’s better to use 3 quick passes with the iron or wand rather than one slow pass.
- 3.The cooling part of the process is as important as heating when creating curls with a wand or iron. (curls may drop out if not cooled properly!)
- 4.If straightening hair with an iron make sure the irons are partly open at the root zone and then gradually close them as you move down the hair shaft. This will enable you to maintain volume at the roots and smooth mid lengths and ends.
- 5.Never use heat tools without Swell’s Ultimate Protect & Renew Serum!
WHY IS SWELL’S NEW ULTIMATE PROTECT & RENEW SERUM DIFFERENT FROM THE REST?
Our breakthrough new serum contains no silicones which flatten fine hair. It’s the only Hair Serum we know that offers heat protection without silicones. And not only that, this amazing new product offers sealing of split ends and a sleek natural shine.